RE: Vibrato

It has always been my thought that vibrato is alright in its place. That
place is as a servant. Like fire, it makes a poor master.
No matter how you make vibrato,  (and it really doesn't matter, one kind is
more appropriate, as you say, for different kinds of solo passage), it
should be under your control, not the other way around.
One of the nicest comments we have had as a band was to the effect that we
played straight, most of the time and with vib when appropriate. If the
effect is appropriate and successful, does it actually matter how you
produce that effect?

Yours,
 Mike Lyons

Eb Bass