Re: Vibrato

Greetings from deepest Wales!

Steve says that there must be some clear guidelines, but I don't think that
there actually are! I've had similar discussions with many top pro players,
and all seem to have their own opinion/method. As a sludgepumper I use both
slide and chops vibrato depending on what I'm playing and the result I want.
No-one ever taught me how I should or should not produce vib. even at the
Royal Academy, and a pupil (cornet) who recently asked me to teach him vib
caused me a few problems as most people seem to find the way which works
best for them.
I t seems to me to be a vast subject worthy of much extended discussion with
a ready supply of lemonade!

Gareth Dunley

dunley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.dunley.freeserve.co.uk

Old trombonists never die
They just    s  l  i  d  e    a  w  a  y!!

Have a look at www.marcusreynolds.co.uk for the best trombone you've ever
heard.