Re: Adjudicators

Shelley Hill wrote:

boozy
> night drowning my sorrows after the Northern 1st section yesterday, I
would
> make one comment.  The adjudicator (Mr Brownbill) admitted in his comments
> afterwards that he was completely unfamiliar with the piece ('The
> Undaunted').

My recollections of the event are also shrouded by post-boozy haze but I'm
sure that what he actually said was that although he had been unfamiliar
with the piece when it was first announced, he had since spent a
considerable amount of time getting to know it in order to prepare himself
for the contest.  I understand that he heard every band who played in the
First Section at Bradford, for instance.

I heard all the bands in the first half of the draw, and thought his results
were pretty good!

Cheers!

David

MD The Harrogate Band