RE: North west Area 4th section

HI, All!

In North America, we (like in OZ) have adjudicator's comments recorded
during the performance to compare with the results sheets.  We generally use
three judges, so we get three cassettes and sheets.

The judges here also seem to generally comment on positive things (at least
on OUR performances ;-) ) but the negative things seem to be on the sheets.

I'm really suprised that you don't do this in the UK as well.

One more month until the NABBA championships!!!!

Guy "practicing his lips off" Clark
solo cornet
Illinois Brass Band

<snip>

The only way to give a fair, (and accurate), summation, in my opinion, is to
write in shorthand, (not really feasible), or, employ a short-hand
secretary, (definitely not really feasible if the bucket comes into play),
or more sensibly, have a sheet marked off, with letters/numbers, bars etc.
and dictate into a Dictaphone........."horns, tuning "A6" (deduct one mark
on the sheet), etc. etc., then give a total deduction mark, and let the
concert secretary and regional chairman calculate the marks awarded and
placing. At the end of the contest, each band would then receive a cassette
tape of it's performance, with the remarks of the adjudicator over the top
of the playing, a marks deduction sheet, and would then be able to see where
the marks were deducted, and hear why.