Re: Adjudicators

I think a key point to remember is that music is an art form and no amount
of testing, certification, or technical measurement is going to result in a
conclusive result.  Judgement of art has significant subject elements.
Though there may be areas of its presentation which are likely to be
universally agreed upon, there will always remain a significant portion upon
which individual taste will ultimately determine the final assessment.

Adjudicators are selected based on having  (for the most part) demonstrated
an ability to assess things on elements that would generally be 'universally
agreed upon', however, ultimately it is their experience and personal
subjective preference that determines the final outcome - this is why they
are there - to make the hard 'decision' that may not always be poplular or
universally agreed upon but in the end it is their decision based on their
assessment.

A shame we continue to berate and second guess, etc., due to our inability
to relinquish final judgement to the designated party and then be so unable
to accept a result that does not conform to our individual preferences.
Unreasonable that we charge an adjudicator with making the decision but not
accept the outcome.