Re: Adjudicators

Colin Harris wrote:

> David:  Three points.
>
> 1) Harrogate won this section

Thanks for that - when I sobered up I couldn't really believe it!  I wish I
could have heard all the other bands and thus be in a position to agree with
you and Mr Brownbill.

> 2) I thought Mr. Brownbill was wrong telling bands they could play the
> tempos faster than were indicated in the 1st/3rd movements of
"Sinfonietta"
> (3rd section_ in the draw meeting - if a piece is marked crotchet = 106,
> with no circa or approx, then you play it at that speed.  Funnily enough
the
> successful bands at the contest played these movements above tempo.

Agreed in principle, but surely the most important thing is to make the
music work for you.  Isn't it funny how everyone thinks that they stick to
the metronome marks and yet they all play at different tempi?  I always try
to get within ten per cent either way of the metronome marks and hope that
if the music sounds good then the adjudicator won't reach for his metronome
to check it out.

> 3) I love you.

Ermmmmm.  Me too.  Still taking the tablets then, Colin?

David x