New Grading System

Hi All

What do people think about the amalgamation of the, once separate,
national and local grading system?

Can anyone clarify the 'rules' for how bands are now promoted and
relegated?

The band I play for won four contests and came third in another between
the area contests of 2000 and 2001.  However, as far as I know, because
we haven't got the necessary results in the 2 area competitions we will
not gain promotion.  Is this correct?

Regards

Andy

andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx