Support for Malcolm Brownbill

I have known Malcolm for a number of years and have sat next to him at
many contests listening to bands.
met him at conductors conferences and meetings.
I do not believe that Malcolm would not enter the box without studying
the score hearing and conducting a few rehearsals and also listening to
the piece somewhere  under contest  conditions  a multiple number of
times  to get the feel of the piece and it's problems for players and
conductors before he entered the box to adjudicate.

As for the comment re some form of testing for adjudicators
John Davies in his E-mail is right since the NABBC he take announcement
of this diploma   20 + applicants  with  4 passes
shows that this is a taxing examination and  gives credence to  the
notion some one with the diploma knows a thing or two about
adjudication.

Malcolm is certainly in this writers eyes one of those  who deserves the
support he has had over the last few days  for his professionalism in
all that he does in banding