Contest CDs

Dear List

The London & Southern Counties Regional contest took place on 17 and 18
March.  Recordings of the performances were made by Doyen Recordings Limited
who were solely responsible for the price of the CDs.  The cost was 6.50
per CD not 9.00 (I know, I purchased two copies of my band's performance).
My band does not have a full complement of players but we purchased at least
seven CDs.  No one complained about the price.

I believe a minimum order is fair - the company has wages etc to pay.  One
copy per band could well lead to illegal copies being made if more than one
player wanted a recording.

I think the service provided was excellent.  The CDs were ready for
collection within one hour of the band playing.

Christine Wade
Castleton Brass