RE: Re: New Grading System

Andy, I agree that there should be some means of promotion and relegation, even if it means that bands earn less points at local contests than at the areas, but there has been bands in the past which have not entered local contests, been relegated, or stayed in the same local section whilst being promoted up one or even two sections nationally, and then regained there interest when it suited them to do so, depriving other band of prizes.  I think it is the main loop-hole in the old local grading method. Surely there must be a way to keep everyone happy by giving some grading points to the local contests. The new system is fairer IMHO, though not perfect.
Hope your band go from strength to strengh, under a great conductor.  Regards, Aidan.

p.s. You did ask for views on the local grading system, thats why I responded.