RE: Laudate Dominum

Just add my tenpence worth!

Laudate Domine is suited to a band with a good broad sound and accurate
intonation.  I think it suits best a good 3rd section band, but is not
techinically demanding enough to sit in the 2nd section, although the last
time I played it, it was in the 2nd section.

When 2nd section bands stab at things like Triticcio, Rhapsody in Brass and
the like, it isn't in the same class technically.  However, if your goal is
to show off how big your band's sound is, it is spot on!

Oh, and you need to invest in some temple blocks!

Colin Harris (colin.harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Musical Director: Ashington Colliery Band
1st Trombone: Five Rivers Brass