Re: Share My Yoke

Titter ye may Big Chap - many a true word is spoken in jest!!

No  - seriously folks, many thanks to ALL listees that sent me the words - it
truly is a great song, very moving indeed, with really deep and emotive words.
As my erstwhile colleague Steve Bailey mentioned, I had a job fitting the words
with the notes but have just about cracked it.  Now - please excuse me - I must
go and gargle!  Me me me  - La La La - Ho Ho Ho.

P.S. If David Lancaster reads this - ' touch - I was brought up on Eric Ball,
Main Street - Sunset Rhapsody - Indian Summer - Negro Spirituals - Festival
Music - Journey Into Freedom etc. etc.  I loved them all to a varying degree.
I'd never heard of The Undaunted before this year, but it certainly did its job
as a test piece and I enjoyed rehearsing it.

Regarding my previous indiscretion towards Abstractions.  I must say, there
isn't much I would retract of what I have sent this list - I try to think about
it before rushing headlong towards the send button - but if I could retract
anything it would be my thoughts on Abstractions.  I still think the same of the
piece of course but I wish I hadn't castigated it in public.  It also did its
job as a test piece.  The thing is - it seems to me that from the very poor
performances I have heard at this years areas, that many bands and conductors
regarded The Undaunted, (..and the Moor Of Venice), with such contempt that they
were bound to fail before they even took the stage due to the very attitude I
showed towards Abstractions.

These thoughts - as ever - are entirely my own.

Colin Randle.