Re: New Grading System

Bands such as Manx Concert Brass certainly wouldn't be too keen on having to
attend many contests each year to ensure their place in a section, or
promotion to the next section.  It is already costing every player £175.00
to attend the nationals, thankfully they are in Preston (within our region)
and not London.  If we are lucky we can attend two or three contests a year
(normally Regionals, Whit Marches and Pontins).  It all depends on how flush
with funds the players are and how much holiday entitlement is left.  This
summer we are already going on tour to Italy for 10 days at quite some cost
and now have to pay for the nationals as well.  Not a cheap hobby!!
(especially for us poor students!!)

Steven Le Prevost
Manx Concert Brass (3rd Section National Finalists)
United Co-op Band (Crewe) (1st Section National Finalists)