National/Local Gradings

Our band is currently in both the North West Counties and North West Area
Association. As I understand it (perhaps I don`t ?) the North West Counties
recognises bands graded locally and nationally where as the North West Area
only have a national gradings system.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct ? Am I also correct in thinking that
most of the rest of the country runs under a national grading system only ?

Andy M Moore  andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BBb Tuba player & Treasurer Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band
National Qualifiers (second section) 2001 www.poultonband.org.uk