Re: New Grading System

In message <3AC5AD2F.983CD8AB@xxxxxxxxxx>, John Todd
<john.todd@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
>The current Scottish system is that the top two bands in each section at the
>regional contest are promoted, no aggregates (so, for example, Harrogate by
>winning their first section would be promoted in October to the Championship
>section). Relegation is over a three year aggregate. SABBA are proposing to
>bring in the promotion over three years aggregate system up here, but I know for
>a fact many band will vote against that one.

Have you ever had a band promoted and relegated by the same contest
result? It could happen! - suppose a band had a run of results in a
section ending in a 2nd place, for example. Then they came last (or low
down) two years in a row, just avoiding relegation. Then they won it the
next year, but the aggregate was enough to take them down. Considering
that some bands seem to habitually seesaw between the very good and the
very bad, this seems eminently possible.
Just a thought.

Dave