Re: New Grading System

I've not seen any bands do this ... currently if a band is in the top two they go up,
regardless of any grading table outcomes. I have seen a band relegated from the top
section at the end of the year, get a middle of the road result at the next first
section regional, but because of the aggregate scores get relegated again, but then
go on and win every first section contest, and a few open ones for the rest of the
year. One bad performance puts the band down even though it is by far the best band
in the section over the contesting year.

Generally gradings should be based on form over time, not on a one off event.

Just as a general question about the old Welsh system. Were they forced to change,
was there a vote on it, what happened to bring about the change. It was my
understanding they were told they had to change their system to 'bring it in line'
with the rest of the UK, but England and Scotland use two different systems, so that
reason should not have really held.

<JT>