Re: Fundraising

The key thing is to find something original that will attract interest. One
thing that was a concern to a band that I was involved with was 'how do we
raise new money rather than getting members and supporters to pay in a
different way'!

One of my friends was extremely successful. He arranged for a brand new car
to arrive at a village fete. he had people roll dice to win it. Several 6's
were needed. He took out a policy to protect the risk.

No one managed to roll the right number of 6's, The car went back to the
garage, the proprietor was pleased with the local advert. The insurer kept
the premium. My friend raised a lot of money.

Best Wishes,
Mike Cranston
Click here for
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/crismyk/Historyindex.html";>Mike's History of the Reader</A>