Year of the Dragon

Weston Silver Band played YotD Saturday. Is there a better trombone solo
anywhere in the test piece literature? My knowledge of that literature
is limited so I'm curious. It really is a great lick but I'd hate to
have to play it at 8:30 AM in the RAH. Doing it at 9:30 PM in the last
quarter of a concert was tough enough. The whole 2nd movement is a
highlight of Brass Band literature for me.

Dave Buckley.