re: Child Protection Policy

Peter wrote  "...to enquire whether any other bands have a
Child Protection Policy in place, and if so what this child protection
policy consists of..."

Our band has such a policy, and the Federation of BBs has also produced one.
Yes it is all very disturbing but it is important to protect the youngsters
AND YOURSELVES from any potential trouble.

It boils down to never having a young person alone with an adult. if this
means the parent has to stay during the first part of a rehearsal until
someone else turns up, then that is what you have to do, and the parents
must understand this. It also means being very careful giving lifts.  The
BFBB's document is quite comprehensive and I am sure they would send you a
copy if you ask them. I would send you one of course but with all this
discussion about copyright.......

We also have a policy of police checking anyone who wants to work with the
juniors - this policy has been in place for a couple of years and we have
only used it once (with no problem found!) The police check however, is only
a data protection thing - it tells the applicant what info the police
computer has on them - they have to apply, not the band.

Hope this helps - mail me off list if you want any more info.
Judith