Re: East Anglia

Janet Watkins wrote:

> Please could anyone tell me if there is ANY 'brass band scene' in the
> Lowestoft area.

Hi Janet!
My experience is a bit out of date, but I'm sure someone else will give you
better info.
When I was in the area (Beccles), there were bands in Norwich (Matthews Norfolk
Brass), Ipswich (Ipswich Co-Op), Woodbridge, and I think one at Wrentham. I
suspect Great Yarmouth had one too. Further afield, Haverhill, Stowmarket and
so on... if you're prepared to travel, there's some great "small town" bands.
It certainly isn't a barren area as far as banding goes... the Association was
strong, organised good Annuual festivals and concerts by big-name bands, I also
see the EABBA commissions new works for their events where possible.

Have fun- they're a great set of people over there and warmly welcome new
bandspeople.

Robert Lynch,
Conductor, Levin & Districts Brass,
E flat Bass, Evening Post Wellington Brass, New Zealand.