East Anglia

There are many brass bands in the area and, contrary to popular belief,
East Anglia is not barren and the atmosphere at many of these is
tremendous. I now live in Suffolk and was 'brought up' in East Anglian
bands where I made many friends and colleagues before making the move to
the Midlands. As far as I'm aware some of your options are:-

Championship Section

Matthews Norfolk Brass (Tel: Brian Cawston 01553 764123)-This band is
due to be 1st section 2002.
Haverhill (Sorry I have no contact details)
Soham Comrades (This may be too far)
Clacton-On-Sea (C/o Melvin White)

1st Section

Ipswich Co-op (Contact Steve Kenna-MD c/o Soham VillageCollege)
Hatfields of Colchester

2nd Section

Cawston

4th Section

Wrentham (Contact Roger Pearce-MD)

These are just a few of the options, there are many other bands in Great
Yarmouth, Gorleston etc but I'm afraid that I couldn't tell you any
contact details or what section they are in, you could find out via the
East Anglian Association website (http://www.eabba7.freeserve.co.uk) or
visit their contest at the end of May held in Norwich when many bands
will be present.

Good luck, there's a wealth of friends and music-making to be had in the
area and I wish you all the best.

Robin Norman
Solo Eb Bass-Travelsphere Holidays Band (formerly GUS)