Australian Nationals

I've been very disappointed in the leadup to the Nationals that there
has been absolutely no advertising about it in the city of Geelong, at
least not as far as I've been aware of.

Only an article in today's newspaper which was basically just about
bands in the area at the turn of the century, but carried the by-line
"Geelong is hosting the National Band Championships over Easter.  Bands
today may not enjoy the large public following of yesteryear, but they
can create an air of excitement for many".

How disappointing ... no venue, no dates, no times, no list of bands
playing, no mention of a street parade, nothing except an article about
a couple of bands and people back in the early 1900's.

Perhaps it's been hard to get publicity, so I'll give the VBL the
benefit of the doubt, but extremely disappointing.

Carol