Re: Re: pedal notes on tenor horn

Hi Everyone,

  From what i understand Aidan has pointed out the
right method of lipping the notes down from F#. Lip
flexibility studies help, and I found that the more
you practice lipping the pedal notes the easier lip
flexibilities become too.

  I have come across the occasional piece that
requires notes below F#, usually ones transposed from
french horn parts, but one that springs to mind is
Fantasia on Jenny Jones by William Rimmer - I puzzled
over the pedal F and E for quite a while!

Helen
Tenor Horn
Wingates Band & Salford Uni Band