Re: RE: CRAFT Disease in Banding

In message <MCBBIEGJPJGEKLKECGCMOENACAAA.ronhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ron Grice
<ronhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Your reply says it all, the word used has only one meaning and in some
>peoples minds might be considered expressive, but would they use it in a
>sober state to a member of the constabulary if pulled over or to their
>Mother if you didn't like the meal she prepared. I am a cornet player and
>have recently retired as the conductor of a top section band here in
>Aus.!!In your band do you love to win or hate to lose??
>Ron
>By the way here in Aus we have a number of substitute words. And when are
>you Poms going to learn to play Cricket

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/NEW/LIVE/frames/ENG_AUS_T5_02-06
JAN2003.html

! A bit late for the series though...

The glory of the English language is that it has so many synonyms.
Virtually any word beginning with 'f' and ending in 'ing' would be read
as the word originally given anyway.

Dave Taylor

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):