Need Literature Suggestions for Big-Name Dixieland/Jazz Trumpet Soloist

The Triangle Brass Band has been working-along on our planned program of
"Music Inspired By Flight" and, all of a sudden, we find out that we may
have the opportunity to feature a big-name soloist with the band on this
particular concert.  A well-known jazz musician, trumpeter, clinician and
educator here in the US will apparently be in our part of the United States
with a few free days on his hands, and he has contacted our Director asking
if we'd like to host him for a concert.  We're quite excited by this, and
willing to set-aside some of our "Flight" literature to make room for him,
but the question is -- what would a musician like this play with a brass band?

Please respond with any suggestions you have for arrangements of
jazz/Dixieland pieces that you would recommend.  This soloist will be able
to a significant amount of ad lib, so music geared to this skill is fine.

Thanks!

Connie Varner
Triangle Brass Band

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):