Re:Leidzen, was:Arranging & "having it upstairs"

I saved Mark's response and meant to write about this...

In a message dated 12/16/02 5:08:22 AM, brassman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Here's a list of some of his published marches and solos.

What I was exposed to during my 4 yr. stint in brass banding:

	  Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band - 2nd Baritone
Leidzen - On the King's Highway, March
Berlin/Leidzen - God Bless America
Leidzen - Sinfonietta
arr. Leidzen - Home on the Range (euphonium solo)

Also Erik wrote a great book on arranging for wind instruments that I found
very helpful and have used the information in it for a number of the
arrangements I've started and not yet completed...  If many of you have
played in wind bands, you probably played a lot of his arrangements.  What
I've done:

Valley Forge High School Symphonic Band (principal trombone)
Rimsky-Korsakov-Leidzen - Procession of the Nobles

Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory Symphonic Wind Ensemble (euphonium)
Rossini-Leidzen - William Tell Overture

Jackson Community Concert Band (Bass Trombone)
Wagner-Leidzen - Trauersinfonie

Jackson Community Concert Band (2nd trombone)
Rimsky-Korsakov-Leidzen - Procession of the Nobles from "Mlada"

Lansing Concert Band (Bass Trombone)    (Richard Suddendorf)
Wagner-Leidzen - Trauersinfonie

Strongsville Community Band (euphonium)	 (Ken Mehalko)
Rimsky-Korsakov-Leidzen - Procession of the Nobles from "Mlada"

Strongsville Community Band (Bass Trombone)
Rimsky-Korsakov-Leidzen - Procession of the Nobles from "Mlada"
Rodgers-Leidzen - Carousel Selection

Strongsville Community Band (1st trombone)
Rossini-Leidzen - William Tell Overture

Berea Community Band (euphonium)
Berlin-Leidzen - God Bless America

Bay Village Community Band (euphonium)
Rossini-Leidzen - William Tell Overture

Bay Village Community Band (2nd trombone)
Dvorak-Leidzen - Finale from "The New World Symphony"

Bay Village Community Band (Bass Trombone)
Grofe-Leidzen - On the Trail, from "Grand Canyon Suite"
Rodgers-Leidzen - Oklahoma Selection

Lakewood Hometown Band (Bass Trombone)
Rimsky-Korsakov-Leidzen - Procession of the Nobles from "Mlada"
Rachmaninoff-Leidzen - Italian Polka

Lakewood Hometown Band (Euphonium)
Goldman-Leidzen - The American Way March

All great stuff,  John

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):