Re: Re: AREA TEST PIECES......

I've just had the weirdest premonition about next years 4th section area test
piece.  In an idle moment at work (some might say I have a few of those) I
saw Philip Morris and Frank Hodges in conversation with Philip Sparke who has
graciously agreed to write the piece to be called "The Year of the Moon and
Sixpence".  Messrs Morris and Hodges have insisted on the following
conditions:
1. The piece shall be written for 17 players, with an optional part in case
the 3rd cornet player manages to rope in his dad to play BBb Bass.
2. The 3rd Solo Cornet part shall be tacit for the first movement, because
every band has a front row player who is always late for rehearsals.
3. The bottom 2nd cornet part will have 250 bars rest in the middle to allow
the player to collect the 'bonus ball' money half way through rehearsal.
4. The Bass Trombone shall be resting every time the basses have a tricky
rhythmn so that he can sing it to them as they play it.
5. 2nd baritone will be tacit for the last movement to allow bands with
players on night shift to leave band early.
6. The Bass trombone part shall be written Rasposo Ferocissimo and ff
throughout (cos they all do that anyway).
7. The percussion part shall be written for side drum and triangle and will
be cued in on the solo horn part if no percussion player in the band.

Messrs Morris, Hodges and Sparke are delighted with the agreement of these
conditions as they represent the way forward for lower section banding in the
21st century."

And then I realised my Group Leader was calling my name, and I was still at
work, and it had all been a dream.

Big Chap
Bedrock Brass

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):