Re: Re: AREA TEST PIECES......

"we have progressed from that style of music, which while still having a
place, needs to be taken in moderation only."

"we have progressed from that style music"  What is "that" style of music?
That's a interesting view toward music. That sounds a bit elitist.  If
that's the case why bother with a pieces like "Resurgam" or "Journey into
Freedom?" Are they "boring" pieces? Should they be "taken in moderation"
with other such classics.
I know you are talking about 4th section bands? But why not go all the way
and discourage bands from playing the very roots of the brass band movement.

I understand what you mean but that's a strange way of wording it.

If a "brass band is a brass band" then good music is good music.

I think percussion is a different issue.......

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):