RE: AREA TEST PIECES......

--1044002359362

Last Friday I commented on 'the  powers at be' selecting test pieces for lower section bands to perform at the area contest.  Now in the past Eric Ball, Reginald Heath et.al. knew when writing for lower section brass bands the general lay out of these bands and would write pieces accordingly.  Now I have no dispute with Simon Dobson and his Lydian Pictures but feel that 'the powers at be' would have been better selecting this particular piece for the finals. You usually find that when you qualify for the finals players come knocking on your door to join the band............

Keith Stanley James Lever, MVO.MBE.PhD.BA(hons).M.Mus(dist).FRCO(CHM).FRAM.FRCM.BMBC.psm. composer in residence to the Slaithwaite Brass Band & The Newhall Brass Band.   36,Booth St. Alvaston, Derby, DE24 8PF.     Telephone No. 01332 600845.   E-Mail.  ksjlever@xxxxxxxxx