Re: RE:AREA TEST PIECES......

As Secretary of the London Area I have never responded to any comments on
the listings before.
But this time I must reply in order to keep the records straight.

> to go to a venue that is so far away for many of us. Watford was OK, and
we
> even coped with driving to Essex, but heading all the way up the A1 is
just
> too much.

The area in which covers this region is large, and stretches from North
Norfolk, Oxford to Kent. If you look at the maps you will find that
Stevenage is as near to the centre of the region as we could find a venue.

during the registration prior to your performance, how long you spent in a
squash court (dressing room area) is your choice. As for being disqualified
for noise this is a new on  me, I have always asked the bands for
consideration as the dressing room area is close to the hall and excess
noise could be heard. I remind bands that how would they like their
performance interrupted by an inconsiderate band in the dressing room.
As always the bands are most cooperative and we have had no reported
problems to date.

about the large fourth section. with the result that all the sections are of
similar number. This years total entry is only 3 bands down on last year,
with two of these reporting that their bands have folded (both in the higher
sections).

I fully understand that no building is purpose built for a Brass Band
Contest but we have to do the best we can with what we have. I have asked
all the bands for suggestions for alternative venues since we left Watford
but with little response.

May I wish all the bands a good regional contest and see you in March

Dave Hobbs.

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):