Re: London & Southern Counties Regional Championships

> As for disqualifying a noisy band: it is not in the contesting rules and
the
> possibility of taking such action has never been discussed or considered
at
> Committee level. I am not aware of any band being threatened with such
> action.

Well, all I can say to that is that we were told that on two different
occasions.

The venue is not ideal for playing in. This is not intended as a criticism
of the committee, indeed none of the comments made are intended as criticism
of the committee. We all know that they do a thankless task and only ever
hear complaints. However, a sports hall invariably does not have a good
acoustic and as a result does nobody any favours. OK, all the bands suffer
the same.

I fully accept that the South East region is huge and as a result has very
large sections with long waiting times. Is this not perhaps an argument for
splitting up the region rather than having bands arrive early and play late,
or having to have split draws ( a good interim solution, but perhaps having
an area qualifier for those bands North of London and another for those
South of London might be better?)

Just to reiterate - these are not intended as criticisms, but hopefully as
constructive comments designed to improve things for everybody.

Phil Kingsbury

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):