RE: RE: London & Southern Counties Regional Championships

Dear all,

I have to defend the L&SC Committee on this issue....I in the past have
suggested a new venue, and in fairness to the Committee they held two
meetings there to check out the facilities. Unfortunately the cost of this
venue was prohibitive in comparison to Stevenage.

I know the Committee would appreciate any suggestions of a new venue, but at
the end of the day, it all boils down to cost I guess....you can't just hold
an event somewhere and lose money left, right and centre (I think they
currently make a loss at the areas).....if better facilities are required
(and I agree the sports hall is not ideal...but it does the job....the
acoustics in the RAH aren't anything to write home about, but I doubt anyone
would be upset if the areas were held there), then maybe bands should be
prepared to pay more entrance fee moneys......other areas probably don't
have this problem, but unfortunately the South of England is expensive.

Rather than continually sending emails about the current venue, why don't we
all try and make some sensible suggestions for a new venue?.....David is
always welcoming of new ideas.

Regards

Martin

I am just a contest secretary for one of the L&SC competing bands, and have
no involvement on the L&SC committee.

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):