Re: RE: Licensing

In message <000b01c2ced3$ffb72850$86b1fea9@athlon>, Rod Gibson
<rodg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

>I think =A3 is the way the GBP is shown...
>

>So 100 to 500 initial and 50 to 150 annually.
>
>Still too expensive and it's bound to increase each year.
>
>Let's keep lobbying.
>
>Grandad

Well said. Andy Callard has also hit the nail bang on the head - the
quotes from Kim Howells read exactly as if he is expecting us all to
react gratefully to his munificence. However one looks at it, he and his
government are still ignorantly trying to squeeze money from a place
where it doesn't exist. The whole idea of a tax on music-making is
preposterous and will, even in this slightly reduced form, be immensely
harmful to an amateur music-making scene that is the envy of much of the
world; surely even a moment's coherent thought would persuade them of
this, if they valued music-making at all.

Dave

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):