Re: some advice please

In message <001f01c2d659$76a121a0$44d134cb@master>, Keith Obrien
<kob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi ! to all you guys and girls .
>You are talking Bass Trom. Does that mean B/Trom with the extra
>plumbing???. I play with the Tropical Brass and as well play Bass Trom
>with the Cairns Concert Band. I play Bassoon or String Bass parts in
>B.C.
>Keith O'Brien
> G Bass Trom
>      Cairns Australia
>P.S  I use a Denis Wick 4AM Eupho.M.P

Well, nowadays in Britain it does. I think there are still one or two
band players in the country who play exclusively on G basses, but, as a
serious full-time instrument, it's pretty much extinct over here. Some
players (including myself) like to use one of these in the orchestra
when the part was written for one (for example, when playing Elgar) and
the rest of the section are playing on pea-shooters. In fact, I'd like
very much to get a brass band together on early 20th century
instruments, and enter a few contests on pieces like 'An Epic Symphony';
I don't think it's going to happen though...

Are there many practitioners of the noble G Bass in Australia?

Dave

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):