Re: Re: That time of year!

Chris

But it's a bit naughty to imply that players coming 'off the benches' are party to some act of wrongdoing!!!  Why assume(even as Devil's Advocate) that another player is being sidelined?

I'm registered with a band but can't play with them regularly owing to my bigger commitment to another band (of which I'm the conductor).  But I'm happy to fill gaps for concerts and contests should they arise.  Surely the strength of any organisation can be measured by how much it keeps in reserve.

Vacancies do occur sometimes in the best-organised and most successful bands.  I know, for example, that one of our players will miss a contest later this year when she travels around the world doing voluntary environmental work.  To replace her, temporarily, I'm bringing in a player who (owing to work commitments) is no longer able to play with us regularly...

What part of this is a problem for you?

David

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):