Re: "World's Greatest Brass Band"

Larry White wrote:
"I opened my New York Times art section yesterday, Sunday Feb 23, 2003
> and on page 49 is an ad about 1/8th of the page for Grimethorpe's visit
> to Carnegie Hall - Wed April 16th.
> The advert which is a silhouette of miners in helmets against the Union
> Jack starts off with
> The "World's Greatest Brass Band' and stars of the International hit
> movie 'BRASSED OFF".
>
> I haven't heard Grimey for some time but I am sure there will be some of
> you who agree and some who will wonder who wrote the ad!"

The advert was placed by Shawn Rodenbough for Foster Entertainment at my
urging.

Larry... your facts are a little off.....

FYI Grimethorpe was here long before Black Dyke was (3 times).
When Black Dyke came to Carnegie Hall only "600" people were in a hall that
seats 3,000. I personally gave 300 of those tickets out, gratis.
Boosey sponsored the event and did nothing.

Black Dyke's name had nothing to do with it.  It was only Carnegie Hall
management who questioned the name.  It was nothing more than a couple of
letters.

I know these facts because I was involved.

We are trying to fill the hall this time.

YOU ARE ALL INVITED !!!!!  New York is nice in April....

Mark Freeh
(New York City)

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):