Yorkshire regional 1st section - Knottingly Silver

Knottingly Silver - Kevin Belcher

A slow start with each note in the phrase them struck unevenly. At the rall it
nearly stops. Nice sop - the band plays together as an ansemble very well.
The conductor shdow bearts with large gestures iven in piano sections - his
head is often in the score. Good ensemble playing at the accel. Is faster
section tight & technical difficulties are well controlled. Basses wobble a
bit into flugel section but record well. Baritones not quote together to
start - followed by good sop with support from rep that could balance up a
bit better. Repriese of theme - good warm sound - blends far better than
opening. Better in next section - spirit of the music is well captured here -
that's the idea! Band not very settled, and producing a good sound. Good
trombones - there is enerfgy in the build up section - staccato section
slight blip, but not to worry. I am enjoying this performance. Horns watch
intonation at lower range. Bigger into Brashms quote would have been
apprevciated. Conducting style now a little ridgid. Again horns intonation in
lower register, watch the stacatto notes aren't too short. Very good ending.

The best overal performance I heard - I placed them 1st out of 6 that I heard.
--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):