RE: Cornet questions

Simon, of the massed produced instruments, the Yamaha has a better build
quality than the Sovereign, but it does have a brighter sound.

You might also like to consider Antoine Courtoise.

Having said that I play on a Smith Watkins and recommend the suggestion to
try one.  The build quality and sound are both outstanding, although the
sound is also not as dark as the sovereign.  They are free blowing with an
outstanding valve action.  Richard Smith has a wide range of different
lead-pipe options from which to choose.  If you choose the standard model
the price is very competitive with a Sovereign.

Personally I would not recommend a Vincent Bach mouthpiece unless you want
to sound like a trumpet in a brass band.

Regards
Harry
Tadley Concert Brass

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):