Re: Re: Brass Band and Harp

AARON LLOYDD COMMENTED:

> Of course the arrangement could have added even more colour with the
> inclusion of flutes and clarinets. And maybe some other woodwind, say
oboes,
> bassoons, that sort of thing. Maybe some French horns instead of tenor
> horns, trumpets instead of cornets. And perhaps a string section.
>
> Come to think of it, when arranging any orchestral work for brass band
> there's always going to be colours missing form the performance. That's
sort
> of the point. In the days of digital recording technology I am astounded
as
> to why bands keep playing arrangements of existing orchestral repertoire,
> when there is a wealth of music written specifically for the timbre of the
> band. Where is the audience for these transcriptions?
>
> Keep music original!

I FEEL, I AM COMPELLED TO RESPOND, AFTER MUCH THOUGHT ABOUT THESE COMMENTS,
IT IS DEFINITELY NOT WORTH ENTERING ANY KIND OF DEBATE.   THAT WOULD MEAN,
YOU HAD SOMETHING WORTHWHILE TO OFFER FOR DEBATE.

Regards,
John Appleby

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):