Junior Band Music

Around 7 months ago, I put out a request to the list for suitable Junior
Band music as we were starting a Junior Band for our band below. We were
looking for music for children in the age range 8-12.

Someone from the list mentioned the various `Jock McKenzie
Collections`numbered 1,2 etc. - what an inspired choice.

Just a quick update to say how impressed we are with them. Someone has taken
the time to design/arrange a really top notch collection for children
gradually progressing them with more difficult key signatures, longer
pieces, coda`s, increased range of notes and more difficult rythmns. The
kids love the music & very few of the children have missed ANY weekly
Wednesday night rehearsals since we started last October. Whilst we quite
quickly worked through the 1st collection, we are solidly into the 2nd
collection with the children giving some quite remarkable musical
performances (for there age).

I can thouroughly reccomend the above collections for any groups of young
brass players out there - a good/interesting and structured approach.

Andy M Moore (No, I don`t have any connection with the publisher !)
tubaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

BBb Tuba player in the Poulton-le-fylde Band
www.poultonband.org.uk

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):