Re: Guest players

As a frequent guest player myself, I certainly wouldn't pay to guest. The
joy of guesting other than the actual playing, is that you turn up, get
looked after, do the job and go home. I only ever guest when needed for a
performance and wouldn't even contemplate guesting unless required for
something specific as my own band is a large enough commitment without the
added commitment elsewhere.

I'm afraid non-playing members are in my experience often 'all for' things
which simply aren't pracitcal to the players. Maybe the non-playing members
should pay since they are supporting not performing and performing requires
skill, practice and a huge amount of time. (a controversial comment I'm
sure, it's not designed to upset any non players who probably spend all
their time getting sponsors and gigs and carrying equipment, but not all
non players are so useful)

Nikki Hudson
1st horn Royal Spa Brass
2nd horn Band of the West Mercia Constabulary

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):