Re: Guest players

> We have just had our AGM and the chairman, a non-playing member, asked all
> present about the possibility of charging guest players to use our
> facilities.  He was thinking along the lines of £1 per head per week,
> saying that if you went to, for example, a sports club, you would have to
> pay to use their facilities, so why not at the band rehearsals?  The
> opinion of the people there was a 50/50 split, with all playing members
> against and all non-playing members for.  What do all listees think?
> Personally I am against charging for the use of hall, music, stands etc
for
> guest players, but I would like a second opinion.

The way you treat guests will go round the banding world very quickly. I
don't think that charging them a pound would enhance your bands reputation -
(speaking as someone who travels with work and sometimes finds a band to
play with, offering to buy them a pint would be a better option)

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):