a plee for lost property!

DESPERATE TO FIND MISSING BASS DRUM STICKS!!!

Following the Preston contest a stick bag containing 4 sets of beaters and
sheet music of Lydian Pictures stamped with  "Uppermill Band" was left in th=
dressing room at the Guild Hall Preston.   Immediately the loss was
discovered, contact was made with the organisers of the Contest and the Guil=
Hall itself to see if the stick bag had been handed in.  This was not the
case and up to now no contact has been made regarding the bag.  Knowing the
honesty of Bands people I can only assume that the stick bag was picked up b=
mistake and could be sat in a bandroom somewhere under other percussion
items.

3 sets of beaters and the stick bag itself were replaced immediately in orde=
to compete at the North West Areas but we have not been able to replace one
set of beaters, a pair of bass drum sticks.  Despite extensive enquiries
these beaters do not seem to be available.

The ' Premier' beaters have approx a 2 1/2 inch diameter white fluffy heads,=

wooden shafts approx =BE inch diameter (with either Jen or J Ward written ne=
ar
to the head) and black very chunky rubber handgrips.   The loss of these
beaters is causing me a great deal of difficulty.  I have an arthritic
condition in both hands and wrists and I am unable to grasp narrow shafted
sticks.  These sticks were purchased several years ago and have enabled me t=
carry on playing.

PLEASE can any Band who competed in either the 4th Section or the Bands that=

used the dressing room immediately afterwards, check their bandroom to see i=
the stick bag has been picked up by mistake.  Also if anyone recognises the
description of the beaters and knows where they can be purchased I would ver=
much appreciate it if they would contact me on the above telephone number or=

contact the Uppermill Band web site as soon as possible.

Yours in Banding

Jen Ward (Uppermill Brass Band)
www.umbb.8m.com

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):