for anyone who . . .

For anyone who feels like raising this tired subject
again with the Beeb or maybe Classic FM - and I am
aware of "listen to the band" R2 reduced some yrs ago
to half an hour.

Are they right about band recordings?

>From Radio 3:

Thanks for your message which Brian Kay will see today
when he comes in to Broadcasting House.  As an
ex-brass band myself I would be very happy
to hear more.  Bands though are surprisingly under
represented in the
recording catalogue, certainly good quality new CD
recordings are few
and far between.  Could do better though, perhaps.

Sincerely

Neil Varley (Producer, BBC Radio 3)
*: + 44 20 7765 5046
E-*: neil.varley@xxxxxxxxx