Re: TEST PIECE RECORDINGS

I agree to some respect, in that one Band's
interpretation of the Test piece, is not necessary
what an adjudicator is going to be listening for on
the day.  However, in the case of some older test
pieces that probably have not been played out in
contests, concerts for some while, a recording is a
useful guide.  For example I have not heard Festival
Music before, which is being used for the Pontins
contest, a recording of it has helped to understand
the idiom of the piece.

Apologies if this approach upsets some purists, but
I'm not musical enough to decipher the markings and
assess the idiom from that alone.  I'm only a
trombonist for heavens sake.

Cheers

Rich

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):