Re: Re: Wild Conductors

I have no problem with "flash" conductors, indeed, I think I probably fall into that category.

My (personal) belief is, that, apart from the troms, what movement is there on stage....little?

Ok, we all go to listen to the music, but, what are we looking at, the stage....right? So whilst listening to the music, and looking at the movement, (trombones), what else is there to do?

Indeed, even the recent adjudications from Nigel, incorporated a report on the styles of the conductors, (though I think this is a little pompous on his behalf...what gives him the right to comment on conductors' techniques?).

My opinion, (note - MY OPINION), is that, the biggest entertainment, (taking into account we can not all play like Dyke), is the stage management, and presence of the conductor!

He is the person who can make an "Iffy" concert, a good concert. You have to make the audience believe what you are giving them, is what they want.

I have been doing it for years, and I am a god in these here parts! I Must be doing something right.

Bring on the "flash" conductors!

Cheers,

S.

Simon J Applegate LDBBA

Musical Director
Guernsey Concert Brass

Conductor - Composer / Arranger - Adjudicator - Teacher - Copyist

Home tel.	   +44 (0)1481 728999
Office tel.	 +44 (0)1481 727548
Mobile		    07781 118999
Facsimile (office)  +44 (0)1481 712345
Facsimile (home)    +44 (0)1481 710793
E-mails	     simon.applegate@xxxxxxxxx
		    simon.applegate@xxxxxxxxx
Website	     www.guernseyconcertband.org.gg

--

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):