Sobig-F Virus

Many of you may be aware that this virus has been causing havoc on e-mail
systems since yesterday.

This morning I received over 120 messages from apparent addresses of those
on the list.  I say apparent because this virus spoofs e-mail addresses from
the address books of infected computers.  I have received bounced messages
from company virus filters, which indicated that messages to their
recipients had come from me.

This may also be related to the Spam Bully issue raised by Phil Kingsbury.

Firstly I can assure anyone who does receive such a message apparently from
my address, that my computer is protected by Sophos with completely
up-to-date IDE's and has been subjected to complete virus scans both
yesterday and this morning and is clean.  I am therefore not the source
responsible for any of these messages.

Secondly this demonstrates very clearly, if such were needed, of the
importance of having the latest Windows security patches from Microsoft and
in having up-to-date robust anti-virus software.

Sorry for this not exactly on topic missive.

Regards
Harry

--
the views of Nigel Horne, NJH Music, or of any of the sponsors of the list. This
service runs on good faith, articles are NOT viewed or vetted before they are

	NJH Sheet Music, bandsman.co.uk/music.htm,
	Prima Arts, quality music for quality bands, www.prima-arts.co.uk,
	Toot-Sweet, instrument repairers, www.toot-sweet.co.uk,
	Free e-mail address with spam and virus removal, bandsman.co.uk/mail.htm

this list, send a plain text mail to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the following
body (not subject):