Re: Re: N.A.B.B.C.A.

--Boundary_(ID_FWf6/stdxzFeCKn4kVeSVA)

Hi David,
Good to see you on line again. Such is the life of a retiree in that he
is able to pick up and go when he needs /wants to and enjoy well earned R&R!
I first of all comment on your first paragraph below. I have had many
problems with the copying of music in the S A for years. I do not take
kindly to it, and feel that sure it is okay for a band to buy a set of
music and copy it for their own use but that is the end of it. So many
bandmembers are irresponsible in looking after music and if the original
is put in their music folder, it somehow disappears - mainly the many
bandmembers who don't give a hoot.
You and I both know that it is always the same person in whatever band
we have been associated with who does not seem to care that they have to
look after the music and indeed instrument that they have been given.
For this reason I believe they should be held responsible but never will.
To copy music however, to give to another band in my estimation is plain
stealing from the composer and publisher.
The same goes with vocal music, especially when so many singing choirs
and Songster Brigades want to have a massed chorus, and out comes the
photo copies. Again stealing comes to my mind.
How many times have we played music that has the "Property of ---- Band"
stamped on it and it is a photo copy.
I also read with interest of your second paragraph and although I wasn't
in the 'Centre of the Universe' (Toronto), I had heard very good reports
from people who were there as to what was played.
But again, I am only relaying what I heard.
How was the ISB?
We are as you are well aware, isolated out on the West Coast, and last
time we were able to hear them we had to make the long sojurn to
Portland, Oregon, and were well rewarded for the trip.
It is of benefit to us here that our neighbours south of the 49th are
able to afford to bring the band over otherwise we would continue to do
without.
Sadly, I think it is only going to get worse.
Heard you were out this way lately to help your best man celebrate he
and his bride's 50th Wedding Anniversary. Sorry we weren't able to meet up.
Next time, hopefully.
Regards,
Larry