Masterclass & Workshop

You are cordially invited to attend a Masterclass & Workshop to be held at Silkstone Primary School, South Yorkshire, on
Sunday 21st November 2004.
Master technicians in brass and percussion playing for each brass band section have been specially chosen to direct a full
day of workshops and classes.

Our tutors for the day include:

Cornets: Mr Mathew Knowles - Ex Principal Cornet - CWS Glasgow Band
Mr Derek Renshaw - Cornet,  Musical Director - Stocksbridge Band
Horns and Flugel: Mr Melvyn Bathgate - Principal Horn - Brighouse and Rastrick Band
Trombones: Mr Craig Walthamstow - Performance Masters Associate - University of Leeds
Baritones and Euphoniums: Mr Mathew Grimes - Principal Euphonium - Brighouse & Rastrick Band
Basses: Mr David Hebb - Principal Eb Bass - Brighouse & Rastrick Band
Percussion: Mr Nigel Horne - Ex Percussionist -  Yorkshire Imps & Carlton Main F.C. Band

Workshops will offer expert tuition in how to warm up effectively, the correct approach to playing music and will include an
insight into sight reading, the taking apart, rehearsing and putting back together to achieve a full band performance of a brand
new piece.

Sectional sessions will also provide an understanding in how to choose and prepare a â??section featureâ?? which may be
included in future concerts with your band or ensemble.

There are a limited number of places available, for an entry form or for further details please contact me by
email - or have a word me me at Potins. I'll be there on Saturday, see you all there!

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325