Re: Bass Trombones

Hi Dave,

I understand your concern in selecting the "right" bass trombone as we have
recently been in the same position.

Aside from a German make which the name eludes me at the moment and the
American made Edwards (bench mark for bass trombones), we narrowed the field
down to two although the above may have been included if the price had been
right.

The 2 we decided between were the Yamaha 613H (Hagman system) and the new
Kanstul Bass Trombone with Thayer valves.

The Kanstul provided all the features of the Edwards with a double wrap
design and the Thayer valves so we decided on this and have been delighted
with our choice. You would find it difficult to surpass the warm, rich tone
of this instrument.

Please look up the Kanstul site  http://www.kanstul.net/ and contact Jack
Kanstul at the Phoenix branch http://www.kanstulmusic.com/    who I am sure
would be more than happy to further explain the features of this instrument.

Our band has now decided to standardise on Kanstul cornets, Tenorhorns and
Trombones.

I hope this has been of assistance to you Dave.

Kind regards
Mike Argentino
Logan City Brass Band
Brisbane Australia